HELPING TEACHERS INSPIRE COMPASSION FOR ANIMALS, PEOPLE & THE ENVIRONMENT
Downloading the lesson activities requires the free Acrobat Reader available here.
- Have your students read a book featuring an animal and have them review it! Our Recommended Reading webpage has a wide array of great books that feature animals in a realistic way. Send your students’ reviews to us and they may be featured on our website.
- These lesson activities focus on the classification and needs of pets, farm animals and wild animals.
- A friendly introduction to some creatures that may seem unappealing at first glance; students will learn the value of worms to the environment.
- Through the activity “Ani-motion” students are encouraged to express their emotions or feelings about animals, animal issues and the human-animal bond through the creation of art.
- Through discussion of sound, dynamics, and movement students will listen to “The Carnival of Animals” by Camille Saint-Saens and explore the representation of animals with musical instruments.
- In these activities students will experiment with geometric shapes to represent animals, and express interactions and relationships with animals through art.
- A fun way to integrate physical fitness into the day; students will increase flexibility while discussing and learning about animals.