Bell Let’s Talk Day
Late January includes Bell Let’s Talk Day – an annual (and growing) initiative to break down barriers associated with mental illness. Bell will be donating 5 cents for every tweet using the hashtag #BellLetsTalk, as well as for Facebook image shares, text messages and mobile calls.
Often mental illness is ignored or dismissed, which can have tragic results. It is important for everyone to take these small steps to learn about mental illness and help end the stigma:
- pay attention to the words you use about mental illness
- learn about and understand the signs of mental illness
- be kind – small acts of kindness speak a lot
- show compassion by listening without judgement
- talk about it – start a dialogue, break the silence.