- This event has passed.
Building Compassion Challenge: Build Compassion!
As a class or group, choose a cause to help! There are many organizations working in your community that help support people, animals and the environment.
Already have an organization in mind? Perfect! If not – no worries, that’s what this day is for! Brainstorm as a group a list of organizations, then take a vote on which one you would like to spend the next 15 days raising resources for.
Many organizations feature a wish list on their website.This wish list includes items the organization needs and often has less obvious items that you might not think of. Check out their wishlist, or contact them directly to see what their needs are. Hold a drive for selected item(s) and collect them over the next 15 days!
Need a few ideas? Here are a few examples of what groups have collected for in the past:
- blankets for a local animal shelter
- clothes for a local drop in centre
- toothbrushes for a local youth emergency shelter
- dog dishes and toys for a local animal shelter
- food for a food bank
- dog food for a pet food bank
- Canadian Tire money for a wildlife rehabilitation society
There are many ways to help – be creative!