HELPING TEACHERS INSPIRE COMPASSION FOR ANIMALS, PEOPLE & THE ENVIRONMENT
- A new teen -focused website – includes information about bullying and how to make it stop. The site also features inspirational stories from people who have experienced and overcame bullying, with an opportunity for youth to post their own experiences. All of the campaign materials feature the toll-free provincial helpline number.
- A Green Hour is time for unstructured play and interaction with the natural world. Today’s kids spend far less time outside than their parents did. For many of them, tweets are not bird calls but 140-word sound bites. Wii, the electronic game, has replaced “wheee!” — the squeal of delight. The Green hour website provides inspiration and tools to make outdoor time a priority.
- Roots & Shoots is the Jane Goodall Institute’s global network of youth taking action to make the world a better place. The Roots & Shoots program is about making positive change happen – for our communities, for animals and for the environment. With thousands of young people in almost 100 countries, the Roots & Shoots global network connects youth of all ages who share a desire to help make our world a better place.
- The purpose of this website is to provide those in the violence prevention sector and those effected by violence with information on programs, organizations and resources that are available for the city of Calgary. Here you can search documents, programs and other resources that relate to violence and violence prevention.
- This website’s focus is on inspiring people to practice kindness and pass it on to others. It offers lots of lesson plans and ideas of simple things you and your students can do to contribute to a kinder world.