Downloading the lesson activities requires the free Acrobat Reader available here.
- These lesson activities emphasize the important role that every animal plays in our ecosystem through rhyming and poetry. How we judge and assign value to animals based on appearance and utility to people is also addressed.
- Have your students read a book featuring an animal and have them review it! Our Recommended Reading webpage has a wide array of great books that feature animals in a realistic way. Send your students’ reviews to us and they may be featured on our website.
A friendly introduction to some creatures that may seem unappealing at first glance; students will learn the value of worms to the environment.
Thinking about having animals in your classroom? Here is some information to consider! Should I have animals in my classroom?
- Students will gain practice at basic arithmetic (adding and subtracting OR multiplication) to solve a phrase about kindness to animals.
- Through the activity “Ani-motion” students are encouraged to express their emotions or feelings about animals, animal issues and the human-animal bond through the creation of art.
- Through discussion of sound, dynamics, and movement students will listen to “The Carnival of Animals” by Camille Saint-Saens and explore the representation of animals with musical instruments.
- In these lesson activities students will experiment with geometric shapes to represent animals, and express interactions and relationships with animals through art.
- A fun way to integrate physical fitness into the day; students will increase flexibility while discussing and learning about animals.