Compassion encourages positive social behaviour and ethical citizenship which helps to build strong communities.
Fostering compassion helps young people:
- demonstrate care for others
- to have more accurate and constructive communication
- improve conflict resolutions
- be more considerate
- evaluate their relationships positively
- to make impactful changes in their own lives and communities
The following discussion questions and activities explore compassion and meet objectives in the health and life skills curriculum.